Top Reasons to Buy & Sell Furniture at Consignment Stores
While they often don’t advertise their business as much as big box retail furniture stores, consignment furniture stores are great places to buy and sell high-quality, previously-owned furniture for exceedingly reasonable prices. In this blog post, we’ll explain what a consignment furniture is along with some of the major reasons for buying and selling furniture on consignment.
What is a consignment?
Consignment can best be described as a trade arrangement where the supplier (the seller) is paid after the goods are sold. Stores that operate on a consignment basis offer people a percentage of the sale price for previously owned goods that will be paid once the item or items have been sold at the store. Here are some of the top reasons why you should buy and sell furniture from furniture consignment stores.
Why sell your furniture at a consignment store?
- It’s convenient. If you’ve got furniture you no longer want or no longer need, furniture consignment stores allow you to quickly and conveniently get it off your hands so you can get on with your life. This saves you the hassle of creating an online classifieds ad and arranging for strange people to come into your home to potentially buy your furniture for sale.
- It allows you to make space. If you’re moving or simply trying to clear your home, taking your unwanted furniture to a consignment furniture store allows you to free up space in your home.
- It gives you the opportunity to get money for your furniture. In addition to providing a place to bring your no-longer-needed furniture to, selling your furniture to a consignment store can get you money in exchange for your furniture.
- You’re supporting a local business. Selling furniture to local consignment stores is one way to support small businesses.
Why buy your furniture from a consignment furniture store?
- Quality offerings. Consignment furniture stores offer a variety of unique and designer-inspired furnishings––many of which cannot be found in stores.
- Great prices. Because you’re buying second-hand, you can score some great deals on quality items for your home such as beds, couches, tables, chairs, and more.
- Supporting a local business. Rather than buying new furniture from big box retailers, buying from consignment stores is a way to save money as well as a way to support a local business.
Best Consignment Furniture Store in the Coachella Valley
Encore Consign + Design has been serving residents of the Coachella Valley for more than a decade by offering elegant, unique, and designer-inspired secondhand furniture. Located in the nearby town of La Quinta, California, Encore Consign + Design’s 23,000 square-foot showroom offers the perfect place to show off your furniture in front of potential buyers. Customers from all over the Coachella Valley and beyond visit Encore Consign + Design to shop for elegant additions to their homes and to trade in furnishings from their own homes. Get your furniture seen and get your furniture sold at Encore Consign + Design in La Quinta.